Friday, October 30, 2009

Running Bébé Takes Manhattan: Day 1


We had a very full day today in New York.  I tried to log my miles walked on the Garmin, but I kept forgetting to turn it on and off and then it would sort of go to sleep on me.  I want to say I probably walked about 4 or 5 miles.  My feet are telling me that it was at least that.

Late this afternoon I headed back to hotel to meet Ian for a run.  There was a little map in our room showing a 2, 4, and 6 mile running route along the Hudson River on a path.  We headed out hoping to do the 6 miles, with a few walk breaks.  I've been having leg issues so I wanted to be conservative.


The leg hurt right away when I started to run - mostly around the hip.  After a few minutes it didn't feel too bad.  We ran 1 mile, took a little walk / stretch break, then started running again.  Last 2 miles we ran without a break.


It was breezy and cool.  I was happy to have the arm warmers.  We saw quite a few runners - and most of them were super fast. Not sure what that's all about.

Celebrity sightings:  1
I walked right past Kathleen Turner on W.70th & Broadway.

Rat Sightings: 0




5 comments:

chris mcpeake said...

good that you seem to be recovering. Perhaps super fast runners = out of towners in for the NYC marathon?

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Fun! Jealous you're in NYC. Nice pics too :)

Marlene said...

What a fun time to be in NYC! Enjoy!

Susan said...

Oh to be there - and see the marathon!

Donna said...

Great Pics! You look wonderful!
Donna