Thursday, July 9, 2009
Here it is: I'm switching fall marathons! (Gotcha!)
Yes, that's right. Instead of attempting a Boston Qualifying time (3:45 or less) at the Queen City Marathon in Regina, Saskatchewan on September 13th, I'll be going for gold at the Rock 'n' Roll Las Vegas Marathon on December 6th.
Why the change? I don't have a lot of time to wax poetically this week, so I'll sum up the top 10 reasons in point form:
1. My Team Point Two cohort, Jamie, is running it AND going for the same time goal as me!
2. It's supposed to be a fast, flat course.
3. It's in my time zone.
4. It's a relatively short, easy flight.
5. There are some wicked air / hotel pacakages available on Expedia.
6. It will be a fun destination for both myself and Ian.
7. Rock 'n' Roll marathons are supposed to be super fun! Lots of live bands and spectators!
8. The fun location might entice more of my friends and family to turn up.
9. It will give me and my Marathon Advisor, Team Point Two's Intrepid Leader John Ellis 12 more weeks to get me ready.
10. I may just win the jackpot. Slots, blackjack, Texas hold 'em...It doesn't matter.